Sunday 16 May 2010

In Play Betting & Amir Khan

Today I'm going to touch on the subject of in play betting, which is a handy tool to use when attempting to leaver some cash from our bookmaking foes, and one that worked out fine for me at 4am this morning.

The introduction of In-Play betting has been a revelation to most hardened punters. The ability to actually watch an event and be able to bet at the same time seems simple enough but it's arguably one of the best things to come out of the bookmaker industry. For years, punters have always wandered what it would be like to bet on an event while it's taken place and you would often hear them screaming 'i knew that would happen'. Now the voices have the opportunity to prove it with near enough every online bookmaker featuring hundreds of live sporting events each week.

IN PLAY TIPS


Discipline
Ensure you keep to a stable betting bank. If you lose, try not to chase your loses. A profitable punter will pick his bets carefully and will be very selective.

Observation
Watch the event you are betting on. This is the most important rule to adhere to, the whole point is that you are viewing the game looking for observations on which team or player can help make you a profit.

As mentioned earlier for instance, this morning I was watching Amir Khan at Madison Square Gardens. As the rounds went by it was obvious Paulie Malignaggi was taking too much punishment and was tiring quickly, so I logged on to my bookmaker to see the price for a stoppage. It was 5/4 which I thought was a little short so I left it alone. However at the end of the 9th round I noticed the doctor & referee looking closely at Malignaggi in his corner, so I thought "this guy is going to struggle to get through another three rounds". Another glance at my bookies odds showed the price for a stoppage had lengthened to 7/4 so I stuck £40 on it. Sure enough come the 11th round the referee stepped in to call it a day.

Now for me that was almost a no lose bet as it was obvious the fight wasn't going to go the distance. however if I had not been watching then I wouldn't have noticed the doctor and referee looking concerned so would probably have lost the opportunity to make easy cash. So if betting in play, it is imperative you watch the action if at all possible, as every little piece of information helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment